Wednesday, November 12, 2014

WEEK #12 THE ROLLER COASTER


Heyyyyyy everybody. This week was alright. Its been a roller coaster! haha. One second everything can be so great and you feel on top of the world, and the next you feel like you just got ran over by a herd of horses. That has literally been this week. So many ups and downs ha. One up is that we went out to the new part of our area and the sunset was suuuuuper pretty and out super far out into the sea there were tornadoes! I guess these tornadoes come like once a year I have no clue why and they LITERALLY suck up fish and there is a city named lloro where it rains fish every year. I know. I didn't believe it but it's true look it up! haha so awesome. Another really cool experience I had this week was the other night I was just having a super hard time and just wasn't feeling it and I went to bed really upset. I woke up in the morning on sunday and got down on my knees and prayed. I prayed as hard as I could for strength and help and that morning was one of the best mornings ever!! The Spirit was so strong and everything just went from being so bad and frustrating to soooo good! Sometimes it's hard to get on your knees and pray when satan is throwing everything at you and you feel worthless. But if you can just find the strength to pray to our Heavenly Father and tell him how your feeling and ask for forgiveness and pray for strength, I promise you will feel so much better. I have a strong testimony of prayer because of many times where I wanted to just give up and felt so low, but through prayer was able to feel like a new person. 


We are still working with Karla towards baptism, but she is having a tough time. We are working with her though. Pray for her! Also our other progressing investigator Jorge (crazy dude) is starting to be a bit flaky. We're gonna work with him a lot this week to try to help set a date for baptism. He is trying to get his book big here in Honduras and is just really stressed out. But we found a guy this week named Dino who fell away from the church a long time ago after being taught by two missionaries. We wrote the missionaries on facebook and told them we found Dino again! And he's coming back to church!! He knows it's true he was just a little lost. Cool experience though cuz we just walked past him and said buenas, and kept going. Then we felt like we should go back and so we did and he told us he knew God put us there. He knew we were gonna come back. He is a little embarrassed coming back to church but he said it was a great experience
coming back.

Well, that's all I got for this week. Spanish is tough and I really struggle with it but it's getting better. Just a little bit each day. Elder Measles is doing great. He is a great leader and is super smart in this Gospel and I learn a lot from him. Also something else super crazy...the other two elders in our area got taken out and so now Measles and I have to cover that area along with our area which just got expanded for a whole month. We walk like 20 miles everyday. I love it:) Well have a great week!

Elder Beeston

p.s. Dad I was at lunch the other day and saw on tv......Utah vs. Oregon on Espn. I freaked out hahah. It showed travis wilson it was nuts. I had to look away though and try not to think about it haha.






No comments:

Post a Comment